2 chicken breasts (12 to 16 oz)
1/4 onion, sliced
About 10 broccoli florets (6 to 8 oz)
5 oz thin rice noodles
2 cubes of vegetable broth
1/4 bunch of cilantro
Soy sauce (on the side)
1.5 quarts of water
10 leaves of fresh basil
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut onion into slices.
- Cut broccoli into thumb-sized pieces.
- Place water and vegetable broth in a pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add chicken and onion and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Add rice noodles and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve soup with soy sauce, sliced jalapeno, cilantro, basil leaves and lemon on the side.
NOTE: You can also add these ingredients directly to the soup before serving, according to taste. Add jalapeno with caution (it’s hot!).
Stay warm and be healthy.